Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

POST-SPRING THOUGHTS FROM NICK SABAN

(AP Photo by April L. Brown)
Some great thoughts here from Nick Saban as the Crimson Tide wrapped up spring football:

“I think the challenge for our team is that if you want to continue to have success on a consistent basis, then everybody’s got to buy into the process of the system of what we do. You can’t start questioning it. You got to buy into it and you got to believe in it. Everybody’s got to be a team guy. Everybody’s got to check their ego at the door. There can’t be any of that ‘what about me stuff’ going on. Everything’s got to start with ‘I got to be the best player that I can be for the team.’ Everybody’s got to ask themselves ‘I am ____.’ I am what? … because everybody’s got to have a common belief in the things that have made us a good program here. I’m talking about things like toughness, hard work, giving effort, finishing, finishing plays, finishing games, the vision of the standard that we have for the relentless and competitive teams that we’ve had in the past.”

No comments:

Post a Comment