Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

RUSSELL WILSON COMMENCEMENT SPEECH

Image from:  http://blog.coachup.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/usp_nfl__minnesota_vikings_at_seattle_seahawks_59943636.jpg
Recently, Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson gave the commencement speech to the University of Wisconsin class of 2016 at graduation.  Read the following, among his bits of wisdom and pieces of motivation from the speech:

"There’s something my dad used to always teach me. I remember playing tee-ball as a kid, and not to brag, but I was a really good tee-ball player. I’m talking really good. I crushed tee-ball. So even though I was just 3 or 4 years old, I remember thinking, ‘You know, I can be something special one day.’ My dad thought I might be getting ahead of myself so he’d set me straight. He’d say, ‘Son, potential just means you haven’t done it yet.’ Potential just means you haven’t done it yet.
"Already in my career I’ve seen that lots of people have potential, but not everyone does it. And I’ve learned that the difference isn’t the way that people handle themselves when things go well. When you land the job you want, or you go to the school you want, or you achieve something maybe a little bit earlier than you expected, go ahead and celebrate it, be happy. Enjoy it. But remember that the moments when life tells you yes aren’t the ones that define you. The moments that really matter are the moments when life tells you no. That’s what I wanted to focus on today. What do you do when life tells you no?"

To read the entire speech, click on the link here

No comments:

Post a Comment