Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

RAY LEWIS: A FOOTBALL LIFE

Image from flickr.com/creativecommons

Just finished watching "Ray Lewis:  A Football Life" on NFL Network...wow!  Here are some powerful thoughts from Lewis during the episode:

"Adversity defines true character"
"Success is one thing. Impact is another."
"Fight for who you are. Always fight for who you are."
"No matter how bad I feel, I can get through it."
"I can't rest, because it's based on a lifestyle. I gotta grind; grinding is my rest."
"You start something...you finish it"
"You ain't gotta respect me by me. You're going to respect me by what people who I have come in contact with know about me."
"A lot of people always look at me and they say, 'Man, how did you become this great football player?' It wasn't football that drove me; it was making sure a man never put his hands on my mom again is what drove me."
"I want some young man, some young woman here to say...'Where did he come from to make all of this great?'"

Also, a great story of a soldier giving his Purple Heart to Lewis was highlighted during the show, which is written about here

No comments:

Post a Comment