Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

LEBRON AND THE HEAT

Image from flickr.com/creativecommons

LeBron James and the Miami Heat are NBA champions.  There are so many awesome quotes and stories from a memorable NBA postseason, but here's a great quote from the champion in a CNNSI article linked here:

"Everything that went along with me being a high school prodigy when I was 16 and on the cover of Sports Illustrated, to being drafted and having to be the face of a franchise, everything that came with it, I had to deal with and I had to learn through it. No one had went through that journey, so I had to learn on my own. All the ups and downs, everything that came along with it, I had to basically figure it out on my own. I'm happy now that nine years since I've been drafted, that I can finally say that I'm a champion, and I did it the right way. I didn't shortcut anything. I put a lot of hard work and dedication in it, and hard work pays off.''  --LeBron James